The Howard County, Missouri Genealogical Society has announced the release of book entitled History and Families of Howard County, Missouri: “The Mother of Counties”. This book will be released in time for Christmas. This soft-cover book will be about 250 pages, and contain over 75 photos.
This book was compiled by the members of the Society. Between the covers, readers will find over 50 family histories along with a condensed History of Howard County and a History of the Society. The volume is dedicated to Louise Coutts, a founding member of the Howard County, Missouri Genealogical Society who recently passed away. She did a great deal of work to preserve the history of Howard County.
The genealogy society has compiled this book to commemorate its 20th year of operations. Anyone interested in the fascinating history and people of Howard County is welcome to order this book.
Send a check in the amount of $22.50 for each copy, payable to the Howard County Genealogical Society.
Mail the check to:
Howard County Genealogical Society
201 South Main Street
If you need the book shipped to you the cost is $4.00 per book. Once they are printed, they will be available for pickup at the Howard County Library basement on Friday afternoons.
When ordering, please indicate your name, shipping address and number of book(s) ordered with each check. The goal is to have these books printed in early December, 2012.
You can stay on touch with the Howard County Genealogical Society on Facebook.
- February 2016 Webinar Schedule
- January Webinar Registration is Open
- Join us at ALA Annual 2015!
- Webinar: American Independence Day in the 19th Century
- Missouri’s Participation in Various Military Conflicts during the 19th Century
- Accessible Archives and University of Delaware Complete Partnership
- Arming Slaves: Gov. Josiah Martin’s Denial
- Universal Suffrage and an Earnest Zeal for the Right