Part IV: A Midwestern Perspective
The A Midwestern Perspective section of our Civil War collection consists of seven newspapers published in Indiana between the years of 1855 and 1869.
These items provide pre-and post-Civil War information, in addition to coverage of the Civil War itself.
Ownership of the newspapers included Democrats, Republicans and the Know-Nothings.
- News of the Day (1855-1857)
- The Old Post Union (1862/5 months; became The Vincennes Times)
- Stars & Stripes (1862/2 issues)
- Vincennes Courant (1855-1856)
- Vincennes Gazette (1855-1869)
- The Vincennes Times (1865-1866)
- Vincennes Western Sun (1856-1869)