Part IV: A Midwestern Perspective
The A Midwestern Perspective section of our Civil War collection consists of seven newspapers published in Indiana between the years of 1855 and 1869.
These items provide pre-and post-Civil War information, in addition to coverage of the Civil War itself.
The Browse and/or Search links below are for visitors on networks with institutional access to this collection. Individuals with personal subscriptions must login at accessible.com to access the Browse and Search features.
Ownership of the newspapers included Democrats, Republicans and the Know-Nothings.
- News of the Day (1855-1857)
- The Old Post Union (1862/5 months; became The Vincennes Times)
- Stars & Stripes (1862/2 issues)
- Vincennes Courant (1855-1856)
- Vincennes Gazette (1855-1869)
- The Vincennes Times (1865-1866)
- Vincennes Western Sun (1856-1869)