Free Facebook Cover Images – Godey’s Lady’s Book
A Facebook cover image is the large picture at the top of your timeline, right above your profile picture. The images below are already resized to work perfectly as a Facebook cover image so you can easily show off your love of history, illustration, fashion, or any combination of the three.
- To add or change your cover photo:
- Go to your timeline
- Click Add a Cover, or hover over your current cover photo and click Change Cover
- Select upload a new photo and browse your computer to select the image you downloaded from Accessible Archives
- When the image is uploaded, click Save
To save a cover image, just right click on the picture and select Save Image As… and save it on your computer in a place where you can find it easily.
Godey’s Lady’s Book Fashion Plates
These cover images are all made directly from just a few of the many beautifully illustrated and colored fashion plates found in the Accessible Archives collection.
Accessible Archive’s collection provides the complete run of Godey’s Lady’s Book, and is the only one containing the color plates as they originally appeared. Our search and retrieval system allows searchers to limit by “Image Type,” which includes chromolithograph, color plate and color plate fashion, as well as advertisement, cartoon, drawing, engraving, fashion plate, illustration, map, mezzotint, portrait, sheet music, table and woodcut.
Particular consideration is due to The Athenaeum of Philadelphia, The Library Company of Philadelphia, Winterthur Library, and The Chester County Historical Society, without whom this project would have been impossible. Dr. Roger W. Moss kindly permitted the use of the Athenaeum’s most important family set of Godey’s as a guidepost for this project. Many of the plates were copied from this collection.
This the full Godey’s Lady’s Book collection is available to personal subscribers as part of their membership and it can be ordered complete or in segments by libraries, universities, and other institutions.
Blog Posts about Godey’s Lady’s Book
- House and Home: The Baby (1887)
- How to Cook Potatoes in Godey’s Lady’s Book
- Christmas Puddings from Godey’s Lady’s Book in 1870
- Giving Only Eye-Service
- Godey’s Presidential Profiles: John Quincy Adams
- The Training and Life of a New York Fireman in 1896
- Preserving the Health of Body and Mind
- Three Bits of Advice from Godey’s Lady’s Book
- How a Woman Should Travel Abroad
- Advice from Godey’s Lady’s Book
- Men and Women: Questions of Importance
- A Word About Woman Suffrage from “Woman’s Wrongs”
- Godey’s Lady’s Book: Marie Antoinette
- A Year in the Home: February
- Purity, a Sarah Josepha Hale Acrostic
- A Year in the Home: January
- What’s Inside? Godey’s Lady’s Book – December 1838
- A Year in the Home: December
- A Year in the Home: November
- Trussing Poultry for Roasting
- How to Make Beautiful Homes (1865)
- House and Home: Going to School in 1887
- Pickle Recipes: Godey’s Lady’s Book
- Hints for Home Comforts from 1855
- A Tribute to Old Maids