Free Facebook Cover Images – Godey’s Lady’s Book
A Facebook cover image is the large picture at the top of your timeline, right above your profile picture. The images below are already resized to work perfectly as a Facebook cover image so you can easily show off your love of history, illustration, fashion, or any combination of the three.
- To add or change your cover photo:
- Go to your timeline
- Click Add a Cover, or hover over your current cover photo and click Change Cover
- Select upload a new photo and browse your computer to select the image you downloaded from Accessible Archives
- When the image is uploaded, click Save
To save a cover image, just right click on the picture and select Save Image As… and save it on your computer in a place where you can find it easily.
Godey’s Lady’s Book Fashion Plates
These cover images are all made directly from just a few of the many beautifully illustrated and colored fashion plates found in the Accessible Archives collection.
Accessible Archive’s collection provides the complete run of Godey’s Lady’s Book, and is the only one containing the color plates as they originally appeared. Our search and retrieval system allows searchers to limit by “Image Type,” which includes chromolithograph, color plate and color plate fashion, as well as advertisement, cartoon, drawing, engraving, fashion plate, illustration, map, mezzotint, portrait, sheet music, table and woodcut.
Particular consideration is due to The Athenaeum of Philadelphia, The Library Company of Philadelphia, Winterthur Library, and The Chester County Historical Society, without whom this project would have been impossible. Dr. Roger W. Moss kindly permitted the use of the Athenaeum’s most important family set of Godey’s as a guidepost for this project. Many of the plates were copied from this collection.
This the full Godey’s Lady’s Book collection is available to personal subscribers as part of their membership and it can be ordered complete or in segments by libraries, universities, and other institutions.
Blog Posts about Godey’s Lady’s Book
- How to Make Beautiful Homes (1865)
- House and Home: Going to School in 1887
- Pickle Recipes: Godey’s Lady’s Book
- A Tribute to Old Maids
- Sleep Talking – Godey’s Lady’s Book May 1832
- How to Plan a Flower Garden (1852)
- The Association for the Advancement of Women in 1896
- A Picture in the Room
- Mrs. Chatwitt on Domestic Help (1864)
- The Shepherd’s Dog
- Ruby’s “Easter Hat” – April 1883
- Good Style in Godey’s Lady’s Book, April 1895
- A Record of Women in 1887
- Godey’s Lady’s Book: A Bag for Shopping
- America Needs Practical Schools for Girls
- Cookery in Schools – March, 1876
- Contributed Recipes – Godey’s Lady’s Book on December 1859
- Godey’s Lady’s Book: Design for Toilet Cushion and Bottle Cover
- Abraham Lincoln’s Thanksgiving Day Proclamation of 1863
- Household Cleaning Recipes from Godey’s Lady’s Book
- Scents and Fashion – July 1833
- The New Woman in Office – January 1896
- Godey’s Lady’s Book: What Precious Stones are Made of
- An April Fools Message from Godey’s Lady’s Book
- A Cup of Rio Coffee with a Godey’s Travel Writer